Cushman & Wakefield’s Property Tax Services group offers a full-outsourcing model that removes the administrative burden of property tax management from the Client. Our proactive approach ensures that every aspect of your property taxes, from pre-acquisition through disposition, is managed with the attention to detail and expertise it deserves. It is through this approach that we have been highly successful in developing property specific strategies and realizing all opportunities for savings.
C&W’s Property Tax Services team is a global network of professionals with the jurisdictional and valuation expertise needed to provide exceptional tax savings results. We have built a reputation for excellence in understanding the unique complexities of all property types, including retail, office, industrial, multifamily, hotel, land, special use properties and personal property.
Property tax assessment protocols and procedures are complex and difficult for Clients to manage because they vary significantly by country, region and jurisdiction. Over our long standing experience in the property tax industry we have developed specialized knowledge of local process and unique jurisdictional procedures. It is through these attributes that we are successful and continue to deliver an unparalleled level of service to our Clients.
Our suite of services is comprehensive and can be delivered à la carte or as full outsourcing, including access to our proprietary software, PTaxSolution. As your trusted advisor we customize our relationship to specifically meet your needs.
DUE DILIGENCE TAX ESTIMATE
- Forecast change in assessment likely to occur based upon potential acquisition, new construction or other physical or economic change
- Calculate and project corresponding tax liability as a result of those changes
BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX
- Analyze fixed asset listing for tax savings
- Determine taxability of assets and appropriate depreciation schedules
- Prepare and submit personal property tax returns
- Prepare, file and negotiate personal property appeals
ANNUAL REAL PROPERTY BUDGET
- Project annual assessments to calculate the corresponding tax liability
- Illustrate payments on both an accrual and cash basis based on jurisdictionally specific payment deadlines
- Prepare cost/benefit analysis related to pursuit of litigation
- Oversee litigation process, including participation in negotiations
- Provide context and understanding to real estate and financial components
- Work with Client and counsel in the decision-making process
- Provide strategic advice on disclosure requirements
- Respond to requests for information from taxing jurisdictions
- Web-based access to property tax management software
- Track and audit assessments and tax bills
- Repository for all tax documents with sort and search capabilities
- View and send function for parcel maps, site maps, aerial maps, etc.
- Real-time email notification alerts (tax bill payments, appeal deadlines, etc.)
- Customized reports
WHY CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD?
Based on our years of experience representing property tax clients, Cushman and Wakefield offers these distinct advantages:
- Reputation & Brand Recognition – C&W is one of the leading commercial real estate appraisal firms in the world with extensive market knowledge, resources and geographic coverage to meet the needs of our clients around the globe. Moreover, we have a reputation for excellence and are renowned for our high quality valuation and consulting standards.
- PTaxSolution – Clients have around the clock access to their property tax information, including appeal status, tax bill notification, appeal filing deadlines, payment alerts and more.
- Proactive Approach – We advocate for a proactive approach to property tax that allows clients to reduce costs through proper pre-acquisition due diligence, redevelopment planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent Communication – Our professionals work hand-in-hand with you to develop case strategy and determine the best course of action. Our email alerts keep you up to date and informed so that critical decisions can be made quickly and efficiently.
- Structure – Our centralized structure builds efficiencies across departments and accelerates the process of property tax management.
- Flexibility – We understand that property tax management needs vary greatly from one property to the next. As such, we offer flexible engagements that can be tailored to each individual property.
- Results – We evaluate every opportunity to save you money and help you operate more efficiently – results that go straight to the bottom line.
With Cushman and Wakefield tracking and managing your property taxes you can be confident that efficiencies are maximized and savings are realized.
Our professionals also have expertise within specialized asset classes to offer clients the highest level of confidence and market insight. Leveraging the collective experience of our senior staff and world-class resources, our Valuation & Advisory Practice Groups were created to deliver real estate strategies and solutions to clients in industries and sectors with unique operational, technical and business requirements.